Most Popular U.S. Cities For Digital Nomads, According To Airbnb
As distant work turns into extra prevalent, many individuals are starting to mix work with journey. The variety of digital nomads is steadily rising, and firms like Airbnb have benefited. The firm says that many vacationers have been residing in an Airbnb for total seasons at a time, with about 20% of friends in 2021 reporting that they had been working remotely throughout their keep. Airbnb says the pattern has continued into the primary quarter of 2022 and has announced the 5 hottest U.S. cities for digital nomads this yr.
1) Los Angeles, California
As the second most populated metropolis within the U.S., Los Angeles is understood for being a metropolis of dreamers and is named dwelling by individuals from everywhere in the world. It’s a wonderful metropolis to settle into for some time and presents nice choices for digital nomads.
Some advantages of Los Angeles as a digital nomad embody:
- Fast web everywhere in the metropolis. For these utilizing Airbnb, the web can also be doubtless included.
- There are loads of cafes with web and coworking areas to work out of.
- You’ll by no means run out of recent issues to do and check out.
2) New York, New York
New York City is the second hottest metropolis for digital nomads and is probably the most populated metropolis within the United States. For these simply getting began as a digital nomad, the massive apple is usually a tall order because it has one of many highest prices of residing on the planet. However, for many who can afford it, New York City is usually a excellent spot to name dwelling for a time as a digital nomad.
Some advantages of New York as a digital nomad embody:
- Endless espresso retailers with quick web and a great deal of coworking areas to select from.
- There is a lot to do on this metropolis you’ll have hassle crossing all the pieces off your listing.
- You received’t want a automotive. New York City could be very nicely linked, and public transportation is all over the place.
3) San Francisco, California
San Francisco is the third hottest selection for digital nomads, in response to Airbnb. Following the theme of the primary two cities on the listing, San Francisco can also be an costly metropolis. The common hire within the metropolis is nearly $3,400, so digital nomads ought to put together for greater prices. Still, there are advantages to the world.
Some advantages of San Francisco as a digital nomad embody:
- Networking. As the house of world expertise, San Franciso is a superb place to fulfill different like-minded individuals utilizing the web to leverage their careers.
- The climate is unbelievable all yr lengthy. Winter is gentle, and summer season hovers within the mid-70s.
- It’s straightforward to discover. Public transport is flourishing within the metropolis, and people with a bicycle can rapidly get round as a result of metropolis’s in depth bike lanes.
4) Houston, Texas
Houston is the fourth hottest selection for digital nomads this yr and the fourth most populous metropolis within the United States. The metropolis covers lots of floor and is pretty car-dependent concerning transportation. Digital nomads could discover it difficult to get round with out one. However, digital nomads are nonetheless flocking to the town.
Some advantages of Houston as a digital nomad embody:
- It’s an enormous metropolis however it’s extra inexpensive than many others. It had the second lowest price of residing in comparison with different populous U.S. metro areas in quarter certainly one of 2022.
- There is all the time one thing happening. Concerts, sporting occasions, museums, and exhibits are continuously being placed on. Entertainment will never be in short supply.
5) Seattle, Washington
Seattle is the fifth hottest selection for digital nomads for 2022. As the house of the world’s first Starbucks, it goes with out saying there are countless choices for espresso retailers to work out of. There are loads of transportation choices within the metropolis, and there actually isn’t a lot have to have a automotive.
Some advantages of Seattle as a digital nomad embody:
- Close to nature. Seattle is a wonderful metropolis selection for many who prefer to get away from the city to refresh for a day, with Olympic National Park in shut proximity.
- There is not any scarcity of coworking areas within the metropolis for many who want extra construction.
As digital nomads proceed to alter the material of labor tradition, it’s doubtless that Airbnb and different lodging firms will work to draw them. Airbnb lately introduced their very own “live and work anywhere initiative,” permitting their staff to work remotely from anyplace with none change in pay. Hopefully, different firms will introduce comparable applications for these within the digital nomad life-style.
↓ Join the group ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s occurring day by day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your electronic mail handle to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The resolution to journey is in the end your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to verify your nationality’s entry and/or any adjustments to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring in opposition to authorities advisories